SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i could use help with installing a stereo in my car i was going to wait until i had everything else done but it is going to be rainy tomorrow so what the heck i'll work inside the car.;) just can't stop piddling with that car.:lol:

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
I know both my 1990 and 1992 cars used ISO sockets. These are a standard connector and all stereos I've ever handled used this type of connector. So your stereo should be using the standard connector but the car might not.

Hopefuly it will be a simple plug and play job (i.e. standard connector to standard connector)

If you take out the original stereo and snap a picture of the connectors it would be easy to comment on the install procedure.

You should be able to relesase the old stereo by pushing coat-hanger wire, or a long thin screw-driver through the holes on either side of the original stereo until the clips are released.

·
Registered
577 Posts
ejenner said:
I know both my 1990 and 1992 cars used ISO sockets..
Saab never used ISO connectors for car stereo. Why? because they have their own system and connectors ;) somebody else must have used an "interfacing" (can't find the right word now :confused: ) plug from Saab to ISO connectors prior before you owned it... I also had one in my car when I bought it.

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
yes - your right. Depends on who fitted the stereo I guess. More often than not the stereo your taking out will be ISO so the ISO connectors will be there... if some clown fitted the stereo then they may have chopped the saab connector off the car and also chopped the ISO connector off the stereo...

but what normally happens is that the stereo either has an ISO plug on the back of the stereo or there is a small lead sticking out of the stereo with an ISO socket stuck on it. Either way, if an ISO stereo comes out you should be able to put an ISO stereo in...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the guy i bought the saab from litterally tore the stereo out I have a huge mess of wires and vacuum hoses laying around my fuel gauge doesn't work neither does my turbo gauge.:evil:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got the stereo in but had to cut and splice wires to do it. need a picture of the wires for the booster, this car has the original clarion booster for saab. amazing i just don't know if it works because the plug is still on it and the wires are different colors than the other wires ive seen. believe it or not the original speakers are there too and they work don't sound bad either.thanks guys.:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts