SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, quick backstory:
My 2007 9-3 2.0T originally came with halogen lights. I'd get an occasional rare false 'low-beam failure' message (where the headlights still worked) and thought nothing of it, no big deal. Maybe a half dozen times in the few years I've owned it. Recently, I've upgraded to a Morimoto HID kit from TRS (The Retrofit Source). I've been chasing gremlins with bulbs not lighting. About half the time either the left or right won't light. I've had a Tech2 change my car to Xenon mode (no more canbus adapters) I've also had the igniters replaced from TRS from their troubleshooting/warranty. TRS has been very helpful and good communicators so far.

I'm wondering, is there anything else that could be causing these issues? Something not related to the HID hardware or that may be related to the occasional bulb errors I used to get with the halogens? Headlight relays (don't think this car has them) or some other piece of electronics. The battery is less than 2 years old, and I've had no other electrical issues. Just getting perplexing.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does using the Tech2 automatically update the firmware when making changes to the car? My guy thinks maybe it would have updated the UEC firmware when he did the Xenon mode switch and a couple other things for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts