SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I follow the instructions in the user manual, but when I get to "Service" my only option is to see the oil quality and days until the change is "due".

I just changed the oil today and would like to set things correctly... any ideas? I sure as hell hope this isn't another TechII thing...

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Service Manager taught me how to do this at my last oil change back in August.

1. Change the date in the SID (e.g. if it's 11/12/07, change it to 11/13/07
2. Hit the Customize button and go to the Serivce option
3. You will see that there are many more options in the Service section; just find the reset option, and click it
4. Go back and change the date, and your good to go

I don't know if 03's differ from 04's, so I guess that might not work for you. If it doesn't work, jsut call the dealership and ask the Service department

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh... Gotcha... I think! In other words, change the date to a date that is after the prescribed service date? Or will any date change work?

Thanks so much :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think any date will work... In my case I think he went like 20 days ahead when he showed me... There are many more options there when you change the date. I guess Saab thinks it's better to hide those options from us... lol

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
trick

If U happen to read "Time for service" on the SID and U do the oil change, then the SID itself will 'allow' u to reset.

Or if U changed the oil before that date then U need to note first the expected date it tells u to service and move the clock to one day AFTER that in order to trick it into thinking that the date has come. Then it will automatically pull down another set of instructions for u to reset.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha - The oil level was at 14% and I didn't feel like waiting for the 10% mark :roll:

Learning a lot - thanks folks :cheesy:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did it today - all worked and all is well! I had to change the date to a date that was beyond the "service" date; changing just one day didn't help. It was easy to just change the year to 2008 and then the SID gave me a lot more service options - thanks! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts