SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I just got done rebuilding my clutch master cylinder on my 85 900 and I found the spring in 3 pieces when I took the cylinder apart. Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement spring or something that will work in place of the original? I do not have a saab dealership in my town and the damn rebuild kit didn't come with a replacement spring. On a side note what are the guys who make these rebuild kits thinking by not putting a 15 cent spring in with the kit? My car is 20 years old and has 150,000 on the spring that was in there. Do they think the spring will another 100,000??? Sorry had to vent.
Any help greatly appreciated,
Robert

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. I checked and they take 5 to 10 days to get to the states. I kinda need one today. Has anyone ever improvised with a hardware store spring?

Robert

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have an extra spring from a ruined master cylinder. The spring doesn't seem to have any rust on it. Here's a photo of it.

I can send it to you today... all you do is pay for shipping. It's not doing me any good and I'd be happy to help get a c900 back on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts