I'm working through a number of issues and could use some advice.
- I'm replacing the valve cover gasket and I can't find the recommended sealant - bostik silicone 2680. Is there something other than regular old Silicone RTV that people use as a substitute?
- CEL code indicates lean air/fuel mixture.
- I've already tightened the hose clamps and reset the light, but that didn't work. I assume I have a vacuum leak somewhere
- I'm thinking smoke test but I don't want/can't spend big bucks on a smoke tester. Poor man's solution
- When I replaced the steering column bearing this summer I accidentally turned on the ignition before I reconnected the air bag. I reassembled everything and took it to Saabworks to have the light reset. Jared was able to reset the light but it came back several days later. Any ideas why this would happen. As I understand it, the light would have come back immediately if the air bag was not reconnected. Is there something else at play here? Looking for others' ideas