SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My car is a v6 3.0 of 99 and has CEL light lit.
I got the codes:

P0300B
Random / multiple misfire detected

P1300
Mfr ctrlled sys or misfire

Engine idling is irregular and stall frequently.
I can drive it, but for short periods.
Denotes less power as usual.

Both DIC looks fine.
Check spark plugs and they're completely black or carbonized.
Can't be crank sensor.
According to mechanic, this could be presence of water inside gas tank.

He recomended the use of an injector cleaner product, water neutralizer and a new set of spark plugs.

I need some help and advice please. Any ideas?

Thank You.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
How are you determining the DICs are OK? By looks alone? Most likely one of these is the culprit.
If indeed it is water in the tank there are some tests and decent fuel additives you could try.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, i have an extra brand new DIC (just in case) but it did not solve the problem.
Tomorrow i'll try new spark plugs, injector cleaner and or moisture inhibitor.
I'm considereing three products:

- 3M™ Do-It-Yourself Fuel System Tune-Up Kit, 8963
- "Duralube" fuel system treatment

or

- "Sea Foam" motor treatment

Someone knows or used this kind of products before?
Is it really worked?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Seafoam would be my choice from personal experience. A little history would help in resolving your problem. What's the mileage on your car how long have you owned it. Did these codes come up suddenly, our did you notice anything before-hand. This situation is kinda rare on the V6 keep us updated.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Well, i have an extra brand new DIC (just in case) but it did not solve the problem.
Tomorrow i'll try new spark plugs, injector cleaner and or moisture inhibitor.
I'm considereing three products:

- 3M™ Do-It-Yourself Fuel System Tune-Up Kit, 8963
- "Duralube" fuel system treatment

or

- "Sea Foam" motor treatment

Someone knows or used this kind of products before?
Is it really worked?
You have 2 DIs does it way what bank on you misfire code? ( It will tell you on Tech II

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problem with my car is "almost" solved.
My mechanic detected a disconnected rubber hose that should be connected from the turbo to a metalic pipe. After this pipe there's another rubber hose that goes to the air cooler that cools down the air from turbo.

When that hose was connected on the place, the engine started with absolutely no issues.

The CEL is still lit, but i believe that disapear sooner.

I was lucky because this is not a serious electrical problem.

We just change new spark plugs (Champion Double Platinum) and performed that 3M fuel system cleanup with 3 steps. Last time i change spark plugs was about two years ago.

The problem now is to find out a new rubber hose to replace the old one.

Is anyone know where can i find a "exploded" image of the turbo and related connections, so i can identify this hose with part number?

Thank you very much for everybody interested in my problem and how to solve it. This forum is fantastic and extremely helpful.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please, if someone has access to a SAAB EPC software, i would like to have some pictures about turbo hoses and part numbers.
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
483 Posts
With the seafoam, start your car and suck it into the engine with a vacuum line. On my old 1995 900 I used the one off the brake booster, stick the vacuum line into the can and suck it into the engine, shut it off and let it sit for half an hour.

When you start it back up, it will smoke like a son-of-a-you-know-what. Drive it a round and burn off all the engine residue.

It worked wonders on a car with 150,000 miles on it and that thing is still running perfect to this day. I did time as a parts guy for a while and every customer I suggested this to looked at me funny, but tried it and got great results.

·
Registered
134 Posts
We just change new spark plugs (Champion Double Platinum) and performed that 3M fuel system cleanup with 3 steps. Last time i change spark plugs was about two years ago.
I believe the proper plugs should be NGK BKR7ES-11, I have heard of engines running poorly using plugs not recommended by Saab. They are not very expensive, I think eeuroparts has them for under $2 a piece.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts