SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the trunk to open by holding the handle. I can use my key, and the button at the door. I've gone through settings with the T2 and nothing.

And before you say the trunk handle itself is bad, I replaced it with a BRAND NEW 2012 GRIFFIN one. Neither the old or the new change the behavior. Any idea where I can start looking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a setting that needs to be adjusted with a tech 2. Otherwise hit unlock on the key fob, not trunk unlock, then the trunk open switch should work.

·
Super Moderator
20,053 Posts
I could never get the microswitch to function properly either no matter what setting I put it on with Tech2. Perhaps it's because if I have my fob in my hand it would be easier to hit the trunk button, which unlocks and pops the trunk vs hitting the unlock button and then having to also hit a microswitch. Been a few years but anyways, didn't see the point of the micoswitch.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Fix/replace trunk wiring loom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The trunk unlock logic is just weird with the Saab 9-3, just use the key to unlock, although I can set mine to unlock when the doors are unlocked and it works fine. Its in the common adjustments, unlock trunk logic on the Tech 2.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If doors are unlocked and the car is in P.. it should pop open when u press any button, its not a saab thing, its an international standard thing

·
Registered
80 Posts
wait, my 07 sedan doesn't have a trunk handle...only option is the trunk button on the driver door and the remote...or are you refering to the wagon?

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have messed with the trunk lock logic but can't get it to open. Let's say I'm parked and the car is unlocked, I can never open the trunk by hand. I can with my 04 Sedan, even after I have opened and closed it and no..definitely not a wagon lol. I almost bought one before I got the 08 Aero.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts