SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had any trouble with the trunk release? From researching the issue I believe it could be the solenoid, but I am not sure. Since this morning the trunk will not open from the button on the key or the button on the drivers door. The only way for me to open the trunk right now is by the emergency trunk release inside the trunk. When I hit the button in the door I can hear the sound of "solenoid click" but it sounds like it is coming from the front of the car and not the rear.

Any suggestions of comments?

G

·
Either push down or pull up on the trunk (boot) as you hit the remote. Your latch may just be out of adjustment. If you hear the solonoid in the trunk lid, it is a latch problem. Good Luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi!

If you can hear lock motor going - then take soft trimming off trunk lid and you will see green loop attached to the solenid - in my case it was broken (cracked).
Simple repair like melting cracked part with small gas burnrer (even a lighter will do) and moulding them together did the trick - still working all right (three or four month since..) Make sure the repaired part is engaged with the rest of mechanism and that should be it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

Thanks all,

I will look into all of your suggestions and I'll report back.

Al, I have the Sedan which does not have an option to open the trunk manually with the key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I liked the idea of not having the trunk key as it is somewhat more sleek, but now I regret feeling that way considering I don't have any access to my trunk at this point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts