SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to open the trunk with the handle beneath the lip on the rear it does not work, no clicking

When I lift the lid after unlocking it will click. Even if I just release it and let it sit it will click when i use the handle When I close the lock while open like it would be when closed, the lock release will not open, no clicking.

Works fine with fob and release in passenger compartment.

Any thoughts about what it could be?

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I unlock the car standing by the trunk, it will not open by the switch. Even though it clicks when I press the trunk release on the when ajar from the fob or door switch? It will click at any position but as soon as I engage the lock with a pliers (open in any postition)

Maybe the REC then as Mimmi suggests

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Check first wires, fixing them is much cheaper than REC.
BUT, you are NOT first who have bad REC when trunk lock power wire shorts to ground.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought an 07 vert with trunk handle physically not working but great with remote and door switch. Have not look into it yet but please report what you find. It will sure help me

·
Registered
117 Posts
According to my '11 manual, there's no trunk lip release, just the escape latch, remote, and door button.

The Sedan and Combi operate slightly differently.

·
Super Moderator
18,915 Posts
Button needs enabled with tech2, if available depending on model year.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is an 06. And the handle clicks but only after the trunk is opened. when open will not click if i reset the lock while it is open. I will get it checked with tech II and look at wires thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts