SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while... but im back.

Replacing the shock for the trunk of my 97 ng900s convert. Cananyone confirm that it is the same as the hatch schock on eeuroparts found here?

Or basically are hte hatch/boot/trunk shocks the same from the ng converts to the ng hatch backs?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ouch. 83 a piece, nty. They say for all models, so wouldnt the other be for all models as well?
Perhaps not. myabe i should call them

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I gotta replace both hood and trunk shocks. Found the hood shocks for just about 26 a piece. And yeah, just searched shocks and they are indeed the cheapest that would fit. Not worth it, as the trunk stays open because of the way its designed. It's just a heavy son of a b****! Ill try the saabsite, rock auto the resort to you-pull-it or something.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
It said all models with hatch, there is less weight in the back of the convertible so it wont ride correctly. When you search eEuroParts make sure you have the correct vehicle selected, in your case '97 900s 2.3 convertible, and then it will only show parts that will work with your car. I was wrong about the cheapest shock, they have one for NG900 convertibles for $53 a piece.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Wait, are you talking about the shocks in the suspension or the lift supports that hold the trunk and the hood open?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh, thanks for the tip. Didnt see the convert option- I saw my engine at first so i just selected that.

EDIT: aha! found it. did a search for trunk shock to no avail. But found trunk shock in the list once i narrowed it to the convert when it wasnt there before. Odd. ~25$ a piece, btw, here.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait, are you talking about the shocks in the suspension or the lift supports that hold the trunk and the hood open?
THe lifts for the trunk and hood. yeah, thought you sent me a suspension part for a sec.. lol

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now to order them now and get my 10$ off (till sept 4th) or wait till after my vacation from sept 1-8th (cars in the shop for the week to get new tires and some work done as well) and be safe with my budget... I'd better wait.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
THe lifts for the trunk and hood. yeah, thought you sent me a suspension part for a sec.. lol
I did. :lol:

Here is the hood lift: http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/PartDetail.php?partCode=4323994&diagramId=1161&diagramNumber=1
Two are needed and it looks like they don't sell them in pairs. $26.33 each.

Here is the trunk lift: http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/PartDetail.php?partCode=4370284&diagramId=1161&diagramNumber=22
I'm not sure if you need two or not, look on your car to find out. $24.55 each.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Indeed, those are what i saved to my cart. Thanks for the help and the tip about making sure it says convert.

Edit: yeah i need 2 of each. As far as i know the ones on there are the originals from 15 years and 260,000 miles ago..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts