SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2006 9-3 in black. I want to find another trunk badge for it other than the blue with falcon (first image). I had bought one off ebay that sort of worked, size-wise, but the studs were too long or something, so it didn't sit flush against the metal of the trunk. I want to find the black badge with silver SAAB and that's it (second image). Also, is there a badge with the jet on it for the hood that will fit my car (third image). I'm going for a motif, here (fourth image). lol Are there any badges out there that will fit in these configurations? Or am I going to have to get creative?

Trunk Badge.jpeg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've checked ebay, and that's where I got the last one. "Oh, yeah, it will totally fit a trunk." Pffff. My backside it will. Damned thing was for the BOOT, not the damned trunk, i.e., the HOOD. I was hoping someone had a line on quality parts. I just don't know what model of Saab has that SAAB badge without the griffin, or which one has the correct jet fighter badge for the hood.

And yes, I realize it's a griffin. I was tired and couldn't think of the word. lmao

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you're confusing boot (trunk) and bonnet (hood). If you buy the correct one it'll probably fit.
I think you're right, but thankfully, you knew what I meant. I just don't know what model of Saab had those and which are compatible with a 9-3. Ebay is no use because people on there will tell you what you want to hear to get a sale. And trying to find custom badges is $$$.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think you're right, but thankfully, you knew what I meant. I just don't know what model of Saab had those and which are compatible with a 9-3. Ebay is no use because people on there will tell you what you want to hear to get a sale. And trying to find custom badges is $$$.
search the sizes of the ng9-3 emblems. You can usually find it on the OEM ones. Then go to eBay and look for the stickers of the right size.

·
Registered
331 Posts
+1 on finding the size in mm then confirming the seller has that size. I've had to do that on another car where the steering wheel badges came in 2 different sizes depending on how you attached it. If you don't prompt them with the size you are looking for they can't give you a blind "yes".

·
Registered
10,222 Posts
Original badge P/N: 2100003
NEVS badge, which is silver SAAB text in black background.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts