SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted in awhile, I guess that's a good thing. My trunk latch will not open when the button is pushed on the key or driver door, I,m sure its prob the actuator on the trunk latch, but just in case its something strange (it is a SAAB)does anyone have a idea of what it might be other than the actuator.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your trunk wiring harness is damaged, on the left hand trunk hinge is a wire loom in black plastic/rubber tube, pull the rubber tube back from top side and you will see exposed wires that are shorted or broken. Repair those wires and operation will be restored without the need of any fuse replacement. Or you can buy the harness from saab for like $150 dollars and replace that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I guess that I have too much time on my hands. I read this and thought, why not take a look. Surprise surprise, my wires are the same and right on the edge of the wire guide as in the pic. How do you release the guide from the trunk lid so you can get to the damaged area better?

What a poor design.

Update. I released a clip under the trunk lid and moved the wiring harness to a more accessible position. I then wrapped a little bit of electrical tape around each wire and put it back together. I will look in a while to see how it holds up to flexing when the trunk is opened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.