SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results have been posted. These are for the year ending September 30, 2007.

For the 2003 Saab 9-3, I have an average of 4.7 months of data on 19 cars. This is an insufficient sample size, so the result is asterisked. The stat of 162 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (1.6 per vehicle) is high even for a 2003 model. So even though the sample size is very small, it's likely that the reliability of these cars is much worse than average.

For the 2004 Saab 9-3, I have an average of 4.3 months of data on 16 cars. This is an insufficient sample size, so the result is asterisked. The stat of 70 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (0.7 per vehicle) is about average for a 2004 model. Even though I suspect that with a larger sample size the reported repair rate would be a little higher, clearly much more reliable than the 2003.

Too few responses were received for the 2005 to release even an asterisked result.

For the 2006 Saab 9-3, I have an average of 6.9 months of data on 39 cars. The stat of 76 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (0.8 per vehicle) is about average for a 2006 model.

For the 2007 Saab 9-3, I have an average of 4.6 months of data on 13 cars. This is a very small sample size, the absolute minimum for even posting a result, so the result is asterisked. The stat of 20 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (0.2 per vehicle) is better than average for a 2007 model. But this is likely a consequence of the small sample size. With more participants, the reported repair rate would likely be close to the average, given the results for 2006.

Everyone who has been helping out with this research, thanks, these results wouldn't have been possible without you. Those who aren't yet helping out, I hope you'll consider doing so. It would be nice to get rid of those asterisks.

Other results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

1 - 1 of 1 Posts