SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,436 Posts
Well, yeah Bilstein makes good stuff.

Cheaper with some end links too:


or if going to do all 4 corners and still cheaper than amazon:


Maybe it's fine? Who knows....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,621 Posts
wouldn’t you be better putting together a kit yourself ? Start with Bilstein B4 for $78 each

RockAuto
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,621 Posts
That esaab kit looks great!
I agree. I realize that sometimes cost is an overriding factor in a purchase and if cash is an issue right now I understand. But it is somewhat about cost over time. Depending on how much and how hard I drive my struts have lasted around 6 or more years. So if the esaab kit is about $200 more than the TRQ kit that's around $22 per year premium. Your results may vary. And you may or may not keep your SAAB 6 more years, though I don't see why not ;)

My SAAB Indie talked me into Bilstein B4 as he cited their warranty. He says he has invoked it a few times and with no hassle. https://productdesk.cart.bilsteinus.com/media/products/bilstein/limitedlifetimewarranty.pdf

Having said all that, I would inquire what brand of shock is in the TRQ kit. Maybe I missed that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,621 Posts
Not so sure, I think they may just put the kit together, I asked on Amazon for the brand of strut, got this answer back. But it doesn't mean all the struts are Gabriel. If budget is your main concern, you make the call. Let us know how it turns out




Question:

What brand/make of strut is in this kit?

Answer:

The pair I purchased were Gabriel.
By Wildman on June 6, 2020
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
I put a pair of these in our '03 sedan. They're meh at best. The springs in the assembly are pretty soft and the hose/ABS wiring tabs that are welded onto the strut didn't quite fit the grommets that support the brake hose, IIRC. I had to tweak them to get the brake hose and ABS wire onto the tabs. Otherwise they were bolt-in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,871 Posts
I recently replaced the rear upper mounts as they were corroding. I live in the NE where roads are treated with salt brine in the winter. Bolt threads were corroded as well because they’re exposed beyond the captive nuts welded to the chassis. Before you attempt removal, liberally spray PB Blaster on the bolts, upper mounts, and the exposed bolt threads with a straw attachment as best you can. Use an air impact wrench to first tighten the bolt (just a blip) and then loosen it (just a blip). Keep doing the F and R “blipping” and hopefully, the bolts should gradually come loose.

I reused the bolts after wire-brushing the threads and coating with anti-seize paste.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top