SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've just bought the WIS for my 2002 9-3. It works ok apart from it does not show any images. I can see images on the CD/ DVD but for some reason the WIS is not loading them. I'm running XP. Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

David

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I have the WIS but it's not on a CD. I just have the files on my hard drive. I have Win 7 though. Does it give a warning or say you need to update something when trying to click on a pic? I just opened the TABMAN.EXE and was looking at the turbo system and the diagram pic which is semi-interactive in that you can drag the image as well as increase/decrease it's size. Are you saying you can't view these?
I'm wondering if you need a Microsoft related file to view the pics. Maybe make sure everything is updated like the .NET files. It's hard to guess why they aren't visible without the computer in front of me, other than something might be blocking the images, or something software related to view the images is missing. Try going to Microsoft's site, and make sure you have all current updates. It's also possible you purchased a bootleg CD that might be missing files, in which case you're SOL. Try opening the CD as if it were a file folder. So click on the CD, open file (do not click start or run) and you should see it's files. Click the WIS folder, then click the TABMAN.EXE file and see if it'll let you open/run it. Then see if the pics are there after starting it. Another thing to try is copy the contents of the CD to your hard drive, then viewing the files independently like I suggested for the TABMAN. All files with the extension ".exe" are actual applications and should be able to be run by clicking on them, double-clicking on them, or right-clicking and selecting open.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pontius,

Thanks for your thoughts. I've looked in the drive and can see an images folder with files but they are CGM images; there is no mention of Tabman. I was thinking along the same lines in terms of not having an appropriate driver for the computer. I'll see what the seller comes back with.

Cheers,

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts