SaabCentral Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the owner's manual of my 9-3 Conv, several radio settings are listed as being programmable via the head unit. I'm particularly interested in accessing the Speed Dependent Volume and the start up volume settings.

The owner's manual states that the settings are accessed by pressing and holding the "band" button while turning on the radio... but apparently not on my car. :(

When I hold the "band" button and turn on the radio, it goes into some funky diagnostic mode where it plays with the bass, treble, fader, and balance in a round robin fashion. It's really kind of kooky because the sound is "moving" clockwise around the cabin! :lol:

Any tips on how I actually access the volume settings through the head unit? If it matters, my head unit has a cassette tape player and not a cd player.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
This is a 15-year-old thread, but I thought I would post the solution after going through this myself. The manual is wrong. Don't hold down the "Band" button, hold down the WB button and everything works. This may have something to do with the variant installed. Mine is "Prestige" - amp and CD changer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.