SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

For some time now the infotainment button (see picture attached) has just not worked the way it should. It doesn't seem to be making good contact and when I turn it the console just goes all over the place. I particularly hate it when I have to reset the time, it will take me a half hour just to enter it correctly!

Also the trip odometer button just stopped working. It no longer resets the trip miles. I asked a mechanic and he said the enter odometer module would have to be replaced.

Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it, or are there instructions on how to replace these two items?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
No clue about the odometer button. As far as the other one just pull on the knob and it will come off. Under it you will see a little square box with a little hole in each corner. spray a little wd40 in each hole the spin the knob a bunch of times. After that try it. It worked for mine.

·
Registered
715 Posts
LOL, my info knob has been acting up like up like that for 3 years now, works better in the warm but cold, for get it, it'll take forever to adjust the time or select between displays, so i just let the RDS to auto adust the time. I have the extra switch assembly to replace but never figure out how to remove the center vent to get to that piece.

·
Registered
622 Posts
LOL, my info knob has been acting up like up like that for 3 years now, works better in the warm but cold, for get it, it'll take forever to adjust the time or select between displays, so i just let the RDS to auto adust the time. I have the extra switch assembly to replace but never figure out how to remove the center vent to get to that piece.
Your RDS works?

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Your RDS works?
Mine works, I think radio has to be on a station that carries the clock signal though. Maybe all stations don't. Mine only seems to sync to a few stations.

As to cleaning to control knob I would use a contact cleaner and not WD-40.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine works, I think radio has to be on a station that carries the clock signal though. Maybe all stations don't. Mine only seems to sync to a few stations.

As to cleaning to control knob I would use a contact cleaner and not WD-40.
This is correct. Just try a few stations until you get one that RDS syncs through.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hello.

i've got problem with reset of odometer... it doesn't react when i try to reset it. tech2 didn't show any error. tried to disconnect battery for few minutes - no effect.
does anybody have idea what should i do before replacing the MIU?
btw is it possible to set mileage from the old one to new MIU?

any help would be welcome.
thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
20,057 Posts
You can reset mileage, but you cannot go lower than what the MIU already has, so make sure the MIU you buy has less mileage than your car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
so it can get only higher mileage, right?
if so do you know where exactly in tech2 it should be done?

btw any advices how to solve the issue with current MIU?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts