SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have their Saab break down 100 miles away from home and take advantage of the $1,000 hotel and food reimbursement?

Why doesn't Saab sell the fact they offer this anymore? They hope people don't take advantage of it?

I think its great and gotta wonder how many people would be eligible and not realize it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It seems to me that most every manufacturer has some kind of trip interruption coverage in their new car warranties. My 1997 Chevy Cavalier did.

But the extent of the coverage varies by manufacturer and model. For example, I remember reading GM's warranty coverage for the Corvette in the European market. Not only was there hotel/lodging/amenities coverage, there was trip continuation coverage. They would spring for either coach airfare or 1st class rail accommodations for the driver and passenger to get to their destination.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Saab will reimburse owners up to $1,000 for food, lodging an other expenses while the vehicle is getting repaired.

Tell me some of the other companies that pay for food, lodging and other miscellaneous expenses.

No one has made a claim either?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
DanS said:
Yes Saab will reimburse owners up to $1,000 for food, lodging an other expenses while the vehicle is getting repaired.

Tell me some of the other companies that pay for food, lodging and other miscellaneous expenses.

No one has made a claim either?
Perhaps because while everyone *****es and moans about the reliability of their car, it is actually reliable and has not stranded them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts