SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will need to dig deep to remember everything on this.

I bought my 9000 last year in Omaha and it ran fine through the winter. Once it got warmer, I was running at a little over the halfway point of the temperature gauge. Once warmed, I noticed it would violently 'buck' under acceleration.

I replaced the vacuum lines (they were cracked) and the problem was replaced with a low-pressure 'throttling'. One of the lines had popped off. Once reconnected, It was back to 'bucking'. I tried 2 other DI cassetes to no avail.

A month ago, the car died (failed to start). I had it towed to the mechanic. They could not duplicate the issue. They did notice it was indicating overboost on the cluster. I needed the car back and didn't have time to wait for additional trouble shooting.

The car died again earlier this week. The timing was found to be off and a bad signal was found on the CPS. It was replaced along with the APC. I took the car back and it died again yesterday!

They pulled the fuel pump and found good pressure but an intermittent power signal issue. They replaced the fuel pump relay.

The car is running fine.

Pray for me!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still running. It was the fuel pump relay.

For the bucking issue, I recommend the following:

1) Check for over boost
2) Check vacuum lines (replace if necessary)
3) If (1) is yes, replace apc
4) Try another DI cassette
5) Check CPS signal (replace if necessary)
6) MAP sensor and APC might still be suspect

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car died 20 minutes after I wrote my last reply. I replaced the fuel pump & filter. I think the bad fuel pump was overdriving the relay and finally killed it. Now everything is new. I think the car is good for awhile.

An interesting sidenote of this is that the fuel gauge was a little on the fritz recently (prior to all this). If this happens to you, replace the fuel filter and measure fuel pump current! Replace the fuel pump if necessary.

I just want to make sure this sequence is documented for the next guy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replaced Fuel pump again. Also replaced thermostat.

Car is running hot. I ordered a Silla radiator from JC Whitney (70 bux).

I think that the car running hot (above 1/2 gauge) has been causing other components to fail. The APC issue started as a 'only hot' issue. So did the fuel pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts