SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone makes an aftermarket trim piece that would fit around non Saab fogs?

(I have a set of projector fogs laying around...)

Google is coming up dry, and "fog" is too short for searches here, and foglight didn't show any discussions other than stock fogs.

Not dead set on re-using these non-Saab fogs, but figured I might as well check to be sure I wasn't ignoring an easy option.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
i highly doubt it.. it's hard enough to find a saab grille that isn't 300+ bucks.

however i've been considering doing something similar.. like getting a set of those really bright fogs, the small circles.. mounting them behind the black grille on the bottom row.. i think it would look neat with DRL disabled.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Do you need fogs? or just for bling..

If you do, go SAAB, not expensive and will work/fit no problem...:)

·
Registered
759 Posts
You can buy the blank black plastic grill pieces that Saab uses to fill the space in non-foglight equipped cars, then drill holes in them for your projectors.

Part numbers:
Fog Blank Grill LH 12786010
Fog Blank Grill RH 12786011

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Putting them in the grill defeats the purpose as Foglights, they will be to high. Although some Hella Micro DE's might work in the grill as true auxilliary "Driving Lights".

·
Registered
759 Posts
Putting them in the grill would place them in the exact same location as the factory foglights. You are saying this is too high?? I don't see how you could mount them any lower, unless you bolted them to the underside of the front valence.....then you'd have to avoid speedbumps at all costs. :lol:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DavidMorgan said:
Do you need fogs? or just for bling..
I use 'em maybe 10 times/year.. absolutely not for bling, they are for safety.

DavidMorgan said:
If you do, go SAAB, not expensive and will work/fit no problem...:)
If you re-read post #1, I already have a nice set of (spare=free) fogs.. its hard to get cheaper than that... :D

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts