SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone through about 4 or 5 batteries in my key transmitter in about the past year. I don't use it a lot or anything. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure what is causing it to drain so quickly, but I can sure draw attention to myself when it looks like I'm breaking into my vehicle with the alarm going off. You feel so helpless and frustrated after a while.:confused:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
two keys, two years, no battery changes. Have driven the car over 55,000 miles. Sounds like a bad key to me.

... oh yeah ... check to make sure your keys aren't being jabbed by other keys on your keyring when you sit down at work. I noticed that if I have both carkeys with me sometimes, when I drive the SAAB, the trunk on the other car "mysteriously" opens up, courtesey of something in my pocket pressing one of the transmitter buttons. Maybe it's a case of tight pants :roll:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am having issues with my remote. Manual says battery should last about 4 years with normal use. I am definately going to have them check it out. I probably have one of those bad 03 remotes along with some other 03 niggles.

My bigest issue is dumb-a5ses opening their car doors into mine. Jerks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts