SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've dug through the forum, and it sounds like I need a valve body for my car. Af40/tc80sc. Anyone have a hot lead on most reasonable supplier for these? Brands or companies to stay away from?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sonnax is supposed to be good, don't have any first hand experience. Search for threads with that name.

Have you tried a fluid flush/fill?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have actually been looking at them. I have not tried a fluid change. But it's got a pretty good flair. And has completely missed third a couple times, so I think it's pretty far gone.

·
Super Moderator
18,915 Posts
Try a fluid change. You're going to need to anyways for the valve body. Buy a 12 quart case and do one and see what happens. Plenty left to do 2 more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give it a go.. aw-1 fluid right? I was actually wondering about that because the tf80-sc for the Volvos shows a few crossover fluids. but from what I've searched everyone says no go on the saab tf80

·
Super Moderator
18,915 Posts
Yes AW-1. Sorry it isn't cheap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't have real high hopes on the cross over fluids. I'm glad I got a straight answer though.
I've been able to mitigate the flairs a bit by shifting in manual mode. It seems to lock into gear a bit more firmly.
I was reading on sonnex about the linear solenoids. It says in they're article that they have an adjustment on the solenoid itself. Can anyone confirm that? is it possible to adjust it and have things operate as they should?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Suppose a guy removed the valve body, and just replaced the solenoids... is that advisable? Would I need a techII to reprogram the tcm/pcm if the solenoids have a different flow rate?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts