SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering my transmission (auto w/cooler) hit 220 degrees f today while sitting and the fan never came on to cool it, is the fan tripped by the tansmission temprature or only by coolant temprature?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wouldn't know, Since this is the MY 03 and newer Saloon forum, I can tell you the SS has sensors in the tranny, AC unit and coolant.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can someone move this to the 9-3/NG900 forum?

Ok tested Fan and fan relay's all ok, when driving on the highway temps drop to 110f sitting for a while up to 220f and check engine/gearbox came on, after cool down and a couple of starts cel's clear.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well seems like it's actually the neutral switch, i got the m13 off but how the @#$%@$# do you get off the m17 on the right side? can't even get a key in there.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well got the bugger out :) what a sound when you turn it by hand sounds like it's full of sand, waiting on the return of my dremel to take out the rivits, the i guess i'll screw it back together....

whats the best grease to repack the switch with?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rivets removed, contacts cleaned greased and bolted back together, intrestingly there was no grease left inside....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts