SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems everytime i do something new to the car there is a new challenge awaiting, or new debt hah. Before beginning work i saw the check engine light and tranny light come on outta nowhere. Great....:roll: so.. I put new window rollers since the snow broke them last week. Or rather, i broke them being an idiot by putting the window down while there was still snow on it.
Anyways, i installed the open air kit and took a drive down to Autozone. They told me it was a transmission speed sensor/circuit or something like that. Can't seem to find the part online. The speedometer doesn't read accuratly at all anymore, it seems to gauge speed solely on gas/break status, if i let off the gas it'll stay at the same speed even if i'm slowing down. Anyone know what the correct name for the sensor is, if it's a hassle to change or if i'm in for a pain in the you know what and/or wallet.
P.S. The turbo sounds too cool with the open air filter.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Can you get the exact fault code so i can run it through WIS for a proper diagnosis? There are 2 speed sensors, input shaft and output shaft, hopefully the code will narrow down what one is malfunctioning.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Do you have any warranty left?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i went back to get the fault code, and when they started the car the lights were no longer on!!! I drove it around and everything was fine, the speedometer worked and the car changed gears fine. Man this car is just playing mind games with me. So far it hasn't turned on since friday, this is getting wierd.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Weird indeed.

If you have any warranty left then get it checked anyway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts