SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2004 Saab 9-3 Linear with 177K on it. I drove the car yesterday after it had been sitting for a week and noticed that when I accelerated hard the the tranny would slip arounf the 45-55mph mark. it otherwise drove smooth and would not skip unless I accelerated hard. I just wanted to see if anyone has had this issue before assuming the transmission is shot. I heard it could possibly be that the tranny fluid is low....any ideas? I'm going to get it checked out today but would like some feedback before going to the mechanic.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
2003 and early 2004 models had a bad seal that would let coolant into the tranny and wreck havoc. Most would have been addressed by the recall. Yours may not have had the work done, or maybe too late or it may be something else like age/mileage.
You should see if your car had the service done. You can try a tranny fluid change but not a flush. A pro tranny shop can scan it and see what's up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Aspen, I'm going to get the fluid checked in a bit. If it is low would you recommend changing the fluid fluid or topping it off? It would be great if that solved the problem.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Is it auto? By the way you describe your driving it sounds like it is auto. Have you checked the fluid

2003 and early 2004 models had a bad seal that would let coolant into the tranny and wreck havoc. Most would have been addressed by the recall. Yours may not have had the work done, or maybe too late or it may be something else like age/mileage.
You should see if your car had the service done. You can try a tranny fluid change but not a flush. A pro tranny shop can scan it and see what's up.
That was just for auto trans correct?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts