SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just with the change in temperatures lately, I noticed that if I engage the kickdown on my Automatic transmission, it begins to slip and not move forward until it catches.

I took it to my indy who suggested we flush the tranny and refill and also add a Lucas Additive to help with the slip.

We did this on the weekend and I have driven it a couple of times as per my mechanics recommendation just to allow the new fluid to evenly distribute and coat the inner workings.

I took it out this morning and drove it for about 20 - 30 minutes or so until I started to put the throttle down in order to engage the kickdown. It is still slipping, however the more I did it I found the less it slipped, you could only notice a slight slip and then it would catch.

My mechanic suggested that I might need to flush the tranny one more time just in order to get all the old fluid out and refill it again.

Now the real kicker is, the car shifts like butter throughout all gears and never misses a shift. Even if I gradually push the peddle too the floor the car accelerates perfectly throughout the gear.

The slip only occurs when I hammer the peddle and engage the kickdown.

Car is a 1997 9000 Aero with the Auto tranny and 185,000 km's

Any ideas?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a little reading on that. Is there a specific spec that saab identifies for that cable?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts