SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) I was reading over on CobaltSS.net and have come to see that the SS has the same manual 5sp. transmission that some of our cars come with. Now with this in mind, the SS has an dealer option LSD from Qaaife (sp?). Would this differential work in our cars as well? Or is there differences between the models? If it would work, would the ESP need to be recalibrated to adjust for the extra traction?

2) The Cobalt SS is coming up fast with tons of aftermarket parts available. I'm curious about the clutch parts. There are everything from Lightweight Flywheels, B&M shifters, Stage Clutches... Do any of these work with our cars? And if so, is anyone using any of these parts?

3) Does anyone use the Royal Purple Synchromesh trans. fluid in they're trans? Supposedly, it can even gain a couple of horses to the wheels, is this true?

·
Banned
631 Posts
KrOlDoG8 said:
3) Does anyone use the Royal Purple Synchromesh trans. fluid in they're trans? Supposedly, it can even gain a couple of horses to the wheels, is this true?
Do not use Royal purple . The Saab transmission fluid is a synthetic fluid. Which is recommended for this transmission. You can not superseed any other transmission oil in this transmission.

On your other 2 questions I can't help you. I would also be curious to know if they will work :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI everyone I am new to this website. I am having some difficulty with my sabb

One big problem i have is my gearbox and my tansmission.
I fix my transmission problem and my gearbox starts to light up at the monitor on the dash. I start to loose power. I took it to be fix but the people dont know much with sabb i guest. Another problem I have is my fan. My air condition dosesnt work anymore. Please if anyone can guide me in the right direction. I love my car but i am about to trade it in for another car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts