SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was pulling out of my driveway today and after I tossed it in drive the dash said N. The car was in N but my shifter was in drive. After a min of sitting in drive the dash light finally went to the D position and I was finally able to move. Anyone ever had this happened before?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Am I the only one to have this happened to ha ha. Just tell me I don't have to worry about it shifting into R while driving 70mph! I know if it does it will only happen once but I'd like for it not to happened! :)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Sounds like you may have a range switch (nss) on it's way out. Should be a write up here for cleaning the switch. I'd ride it out for a while and see if it keeps giving you troubles. Any check engine/gearbox lights?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nss switch? I always thought that had something to do with your car not starting thinking the car in in drive while starting. I was thinking linkage but than again something isn't communicating with tyranny to say hello I'm in drive not neutral. I also do not know the communication process from shift to mechanical either

1 - 4 of 4 Posts