SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work in a saab shop, and we use valvoline maxlife 4. I dont like valvoline oil because of their engine oil just does not clean the engine like Castrol. I went 4k miles an oil change and it looked as clean as when it went in. I used idimitsu type 4 last time, but got that through worldpac and cant find that at parts stores... so lets hear some options other then maxlife.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
aisin 5 speed auto uses JWS 3309 fluid none other...over and out.https://mobiloil.com/en/automatic-transmission-fluid/3309-atf OR buy aisin fluid, or Toyota 3309 .

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
This is definitely a religious debate. I used to be staunchly in the "Mobil 3309 or Toyota Type IV" camp, but I've changed my tune. Mine 5-speed auto is actually currently running the synthetic Valvoline Maxlife ATF multi-vehicle fluid. Works fine. I find it shifts better when cold than the dino stuff.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
As long as the fluid meets the JWS3309 spec then it should be good. There were no synthetics that met that spec when Saab printed the users manuals but there are today so you are good to go with the synthetics IFF they meet the spec. (I'm pretty sure the Valvoline Maxlife that Andy referenced does, I looked it up once)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts