SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 saab 900s and have done alot of work on it.Now time for trans (automatic) fluid color is not bright red and is not dark,maybe in the middle.Should I just do a drain and fill 2 times or do a flush ,dropping a line and adding fluid as it runs(what I read on the forum search)?Any input? Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
How many miles?

Due to the age, I would recommend a drain & fill.

Has it ever been done?

2 times is the absolute minimum. You're better off going for 4+

I cycled 24 bottles through mine, starting with store brand DEXIII and ending with Mobil 3309.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
24,24601?
As in 24 one quart bottles?
Thats dedication and commitment to excellence..:cheesy: and a ton of draining work.

·
Registered
259 Posts
A case (12 qts) of new ATF will be enough. Were it mine, however, I'd drive it a while and then repeat with a case of a good synthetic that meets the recommendations (like AMSOIL ATF).

·
Registered
454 Posts
24,24601?
As in 24 one quart bottles?
Thats dedication and commitment to excellence..:cheesy: and a ton of draining work.
Yes, three of the drain and fill trips were to the auto parts store to drain the oil catch pan.

It was definitely an all day job. But... it made a difference. 12 quarts of store brand DEXIII, 12 quarts of Mobil 3309 and a bottle of Lubegard. I think it only cost $120. The transmission feels a lot better now. Most places (that I checked) charge $150+ for a flush.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts