SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I have been lightly restoring a 1993 900s over the last month or so. I have already completed several maintenance neglect issues with the help of these boards, so thanks to all that have contributed.
My main question is, the car came with a receipt for having the transmission replaced and based on the fact that it has a drain-plug and the serial number, I believe it to be an 88 or 89 trans. However, there is no dipstick at all, there was a piece of hard wax in the fill plate on the side of the trans. Anyone know where to source one used? Will the proper dipstick tube even fit my 1993?
A secondary issue is the AC. For some reason, when I purchased the car, the relay and fuse for the ac were removed. I replaced them and then ran a jumper to the wires by the drier with no luck getting the compressor to kick in. I have not run a full electrical test yet, but plan to this week. Anyone know why someone would remove the relay and fuse? I assume it has to be connected to the system not working.
Thanks in advance!
Scott

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Might look for the vendor autonoel on ebay. He runs a very reputable slavqage operation and may have what you are looking for. or you might want to get a late model fill plug and see if it will fit. Also a possibility, side plates are interchangeable, so just grab one off of a car with the plug/dipstick intact and install it.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Late 900s, 90+, never had an external dipstick, just a filler hex. screw, 19mm IIRC, with a dipstick incorporated into the underside of the screw.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, so am i correct that my best bet is a trip to the junk yard to pull the cover and whatever kind of dipstick comes with it off any year tranny?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts