SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time one this forum need help with a problem I'm having with my 95 2006 with 156000 miles
Car is throwing code p0733 and p0735
(Incorrect ratio )it's also throwing p0501(Vehicle Speed Sensor Range/Performance) Tanny drove fine on all gears before the CEL&Tranny light came on then it started to shift harsh till it slipped. this problem is intermittent . I have changed both speed sensors before with used ones I got from a tranny that I bought for another 9-5.l erased the codes and it didn't come back till today I changed them like 7 months ago I have also changed the fluid 3x worked good for a few days . Was thinking about swapping the tranny but I'm really curious to fine out this problem with this tranny cause I don't think its internal because I have drove this car like it's meant to be driven and it drove wonderful maybe solenoids ??? . If anyone can help out I would really appreciate it THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Extremely.

But if you can learn how to do it you will be all set for a good well paying job for life.
^ This. I have watched videos on YouTube of a guy tearing down automatic transmissions, including the Aisin-Werner 5 speed that is in our Saabs. I am sure it could be learned, eventually, but it sure didn't look like a DIY job to me. Most mechanics won't even touch a job like that -- they'll send it to a speciality transmission shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts