SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I have a 96 9000 CSE 2.3 Auto.

Just recently my car hasn't been shifting right. I normally drive in 3 in town since the car used to downshift from drive below 65kms/hr. From a dead stop, the car likes to shift into 2nd almost right off the bat.. then hits 3rd and drive just at 60kms/hr. If i shift it manually, the car drives perfect. Any ideas on this?

The selector on the console and dash seem to be reading properly.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SaabKen, thats awesome information. I will definitly have to check out these issues. Looks like i may have a fix. Cuz my car did start doin the shudder when coming to a halt.

Will keep yas posted.

·
Registered
658 Posts
start the car put it into drive then into park shut the car off and restart (hope all that makes sense) see if the trans shifts properly there is a solonoid on the trans that goes bad (very common) like saabken mentioned it is not the trans failing but a $50 solonoid...i'll look into the proper name for this part

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys. i'm tackling the diagnosing/fixing tomorrow after work. what is this solenoid u guys are talking about and location? All i read was the kick down adjustment and the valve body itself.

thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts