SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a trailer hitch from a 1988 9000 fit on a 1996 9000? If not, do you know which years fit. It appears by the hitch sites that an 89+ will work. But, the 89 is basically the same car as the 88. Ideas?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Additional trailer hitch question

Has anyone ever had a hitch installed by U-Haul? If so, is it OK? Costly?
(need one for '92 9000)
Thanks.........Ben

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ben, my posting was old. But since then I bought a hitch on ebay. If the 93 is anything like the 96 it is simple to put one on. The car is pre-drilled and threaded in the center and behind the rear bumper (between the bumper and fuel tank). Once you see a hitch and look under the car it is obvious which bolts to take out and put back in to mount the hitch. The bolts were very easy to remove event hough they must have been in there for 10 years or so. Easier to put back in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. But, since the one I got uses a standard 2" hitch shaft I needed to cut a notch in the black rubber/plastic under the bumper to be able to slide the shaft in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
trailer hitch adapted

:) I ended up taking off the factory hitch from my 1980 900 5-door, and was able to adapt it to the '92 9000 by simply drilling 3 holes........it fits very well, and I didn't have to spend any hard-earned $. There is a wiring harness for trailer light hookup near the left tail-light. I just spliced into that, after using a volt-meter to determine the correct wires.
Thanks, Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts