SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Manual vs Automatic

Silver vs Carbon

About 40 bucks more a month for the Sportcombi.

So here is the dilemma. I have to option to trade in my 6 speed, silver, 5k mile Aero sedan for an 09 Automatic, Carbon, new Sportcombi. I want the wagon for versatility. I would rather have a manual but that is not an option. I am trading the sedan in and getting what I paid for it 5 months ago 28,500. I bought it new for a great price.

I am Vtuned and am loving it but wondering on how that would be effected with an Auto?

Questions?

Should I?

Manual versus Auto with Vtune experience?

Am I really gaining enough with the Sportcombi? Space? Usable space?

Same electronics? eLSD rear on wagons?

Anything else I am missing?

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
If there is something specifically that you would be carrying more than just once in the SC that won't fit in the SS, then it's probably worth it, especially if you really digg the SC. Both Snow Silver Metallic And Carbon Gray Metallic are sweeeet colours !!! I love SAAB metallics ! I loved the colour of my '07 2.0T, Parchment Silver Metallic over parchement leather.

·
Registered
707 Posts
VTune is very well effected by the automatic!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Turbos and autos actually team up well to hold boost between shifts.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
МаксимNYC;1749007 said:
:nono;turbo+auto=frustration ... rule's confirmed by own mistake - used to own audi 2.7T with tip :(
Wrong, just look at all high horsepower turbo Supras out there. Those guys love autos. In addition I just ran into a guy the other day with a turbo Mustang pushing well over 700hp and his is also an automatic.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wrong, just look at all high horsepower turbo Supras out there. Those guys love autos. In addition I just ran into a guy the other day with a turbo Mustang pushing well over 700hp and his is also an automatic.
Who cares about all those 0-60 runs which auto is only good for. Try to down shift on the corner entering or during the lane shifting - auto just sucks for that. You will loose seconds just on RPM drop. :cool:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Without caring to invoke the vexed, hoary and quasi-religious debate of manual vs. automatic....as a VTuned(for approx. 12,0000 out of a total 23,000 km and counting) Auto/Turbo X owner who has driven most (if not all) of its manual and automatic equivalents [335/328,C300/ 350 , A4 3.2 (not S4...yet)] I give you my personal assurance that an Automatic Aero XWD, VTuned ( even limb-dangle and extend to Maptuned/BSR'd) will avail itself very well against the competition and make for a most satisfying drive.

Just remember to press the 'Sport' button: You'll have a perma-:D.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Well I went from a loaded 03' Linear auto to a loaded 06' SC Aero auto. I absolutely love it. The cargo capacity and versatility is great. I'm in outside sales and often utilize my truck (cargo area) and the SC is great as far as that goes. It can also hold much more than the truck in the SS.

As far as the auto goes performance wise it is fine. I've got the BSR tune which is very similar I'm sure to Vtune.
I have had tranny issues but I'm pretty sure it's related to the ECU/TCM. The Aisin 6 speed, like the 5 speed, is supposedly pretty bullet proof.

And I'm surprised you've found a new 09' Aero--that's great. Not much inventory out there. I believe there is a dealer in the Twin Cities with a couple SC Aero manuals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts