SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I figured with pricing as it is, now might be as good a time as any to look at getting a new 9-3 SS. I really want an Aero:D!

I went to the local dealer in Pittsburgh to see what I could do about pricing and finding the car I want. Unfortunately they didn't even have a single Aero or Arc in a 5 speed in stock or scheduled to come in from the port.

Not that I would ever trade my car in, but I thought I would let them evaluate it for the heck of it, just after the horror stories I have heard from others about trade-in value.

My car is a 2003 Linear - no options at all. I do have the 17" BBS RK-II's on it, but I know that's really not going to add much value on a trade. I just had my deer scarred front repaired. So the car is completely spotless, inside and out. I have just under 25,000 miles. His initial offer was $12,500. I laughed at him and walked out.

I found this especially funny since they have a 2003 Launch Linear (not CPO) with 33k miles for $23,000.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thomjam said:
out of curiosity, was it P&W?
Jaime
It was P&W. There service there has been excellent, but I wasn't quite as impressed with their sales department. The guy was whiny/ complaing about having to locate a car for me. Needless to say, probably won't be buying there.

I purchased the car from Wright Saab in Wexford. Their sales experience was great, but the service was terrible.

I am putting the advertisement in the paper. Looking to get $16,500 for it with the BBS's or $15,900 without, otherwise I'll just keep it. Does anyone think that sounds unreasonable?

·
Registered
489 Posts
thx. P&W have been around for a long while - started with BMW in the 70s.

good to hear their service is still good as I plan on using them in July to make sure the 'vert is ready to go.

check out the other sales channels for pricing guidelines. good luck with your sale.

Jaime

·
Registered
170 Posts
black_linear said:
It was P&W. There service there has been excellent, but I wasn't quite as impressed with their sales department. The guy was whiny/ complaing about having to locate a car for me. Needless to say, probably won't be buying there.

I purchased the car from Wright Saab in Wexford. Their sales experience was great, but the service was terrible.

I am putting the advertisement in the paper. Looking to get $16,500 for it with the BBS's or $15,900 without, otherwise I'll just keep it. Does anyone think that sounds unreasonable?
I just sold my 2003 linear with 17" 5 spoke saab tires, heated seats and sunroof with 30k miles for $19k

1 - 5 of 5 Posts