SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
;ol; ;ol; ;ol; ;ol; ;ol; ;ol; :p

lets make this happen i got a set of tails that have been painted a deeper shade of red not very drastic ( my car is red i wanted more contrast) and recleared matte finish but can be buffed for high gloss. i can send more pics

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If my trade doesn't go through I will trade mine to you for your Reds. Can you post some more up close pics, interested to see how much they differ from stock.

·
Registered
700 Posts
been out of town but still looking for a trade??
I'm realllllly not trying to be an **** but you're never gonna find someone willing to trade Ice Blocks for 03-07 reds. I suggest buying them and if you want, I can give you the link to a scrapyard that has a 08' tailights for sale on a parting out car. It'll cost you about 420$ for all 4 lights.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'm realllllly not trying to be an **** but you're never gonna find someone willing to trade Ice Blocks for 03-07 reds. I suggest buying them and if you want, I can give you the link to a scrapyard that has a 08' tailights for sale on a parting out car. It'll cost you about 420$ for all 4 lights.
Somebody traded pacotaco a set of ice blocks. Not impossible, just need someone who doesn't care about ice blocks.

·
Registered
253 Posts

I agree. It's down down grading an 08+ car... just being real.

·
Registered
700 Posts
H-8-er :D

These trades have happened before it also advertising that i am looking.... you ever been fishing > ?

I'll eventually get my trade or an offer in the form of a PM.

Thanks for the bump! :cheesy:
lol that was the most passive aggressive post I've ever read

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I agree. It's down down grading an 08+ car... just being real.
I own 08+ tails and while I had them installed, all I ever heard at car meets and from friends was "they make altezza's for Saabs?"

Even after telling them they were stock lights on the 08+, they still didn't
like them and thought they looked dumb/ricey with electrical tape wrapped around them.

It all depends on the color IMO, because on some 08+ they do look down right ugly and just dont flow with the rest of the car.

But, different strokes for different folks.

And no, Im not going to be selling mine, I do like them, just sharing what other car enthusiast thought of them:lol:

Good luck with your search though.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I own 08+ tails and while I had them installed, all I ever heard at car meets and from friends was "they make altezza's for Saabs?"

Even after telling them they were stock lights on the 08+, they still didn't
like them and thought they looked dumb/ricey with electrical tape wrapped around them.

It all depends on the color IMO, because on some 08+ they do look down right ugly and just dont flow with the rest of the car.

But, different strokes for different folks.

And no, Im not going to be selling mine, I do like them, just sharing what other car enthusiast thought of them:lol:

Good luck with your search though.

FiveStar I totally agree with you. Like white with the ice blocks.... man is that a setup. Even red or black. I've got a silver 9-3 and i'm on the fence as to what they'd look like. do you have them on your blue 9-3?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
FiveStar I totally agree with you. Like white with the ice blocks.... man is that a setup. Even red or black. I've got a silver 9-3 and i'm on the fence as to what they'd look like. do you have them on your blue 9-3?
I used to, now I'm back to red with some tint. They are currently on our silver aero, it looks damn good IMO, a couple people on here have them on silver.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I used to, now I'm back to red with some tint. They are currently on our silver aero, it looks damn good IMO, a couple people on here have them on silver.

Hmmm yeah I just can't justify spending upwards of $400 on just lights :confused:

Would much rather use that for a tune, new DP, or FMIC!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You could always search ebay or scrapyards for the newer lights then sell your old ones.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
That's what I suggested (well, sort of)! I even offered a link to an 08' 9-3 in a scrapyard with the tail lights for sale
Could you PM me that link. I am not after lights but just some other parts for my 08+ update model. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts