SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
besides having wider wheels/tires, springs, shocks, and sway/arb bars what can i do to get more traction? are there any secrets to hooking up to the road better? i also have all poly bushings. or will i have to switch to drag radials to get it?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
THe steering rack and brace should help. Drag radials would immediately put an end to it.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
just spun the tires in 1st 2nd and 3rd today in the rain today :roll: pedal control

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
comtrang said:
THe steering rack and brace should help. Drag radials would immediately put an end to it.
Yup, tires are the key... A normal 420 tread wear will spin like crazy... Get 160 tread wear and it will be much better, drag radials are rated at 0 tread wear and with my car having 400bhp and 400wtrq, it would barely spin in second on the street and not at all at the track and would not spin in third unless wet....

John

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Motor-mounts help, too.

you want to kep most of the weight over the Wheels, and not headed backwards when you accel.

Unless you mean traction while turning?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
Smaller turbo, the less torque will help your tires grip better. Lower octane will also help.:lol:
A smaller turbo will significantly INCREASE tire spin as it will make MORE torque and "hit" harder low in the rev-curve.:eek:

NOT what you want to increase traction. :nono;

Lower octane will just cause your Trionic to pull timing / add fuel / pull boost to circumvent knock which isn't a particularly good idea either. :(

Tires and a properly sorted suspension are the way to go. Shirozina has his car well sorted and could probably offer some good advice as I'm sure several others could.

D-

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I have no traction problems with my car - but then I'm not doing drag racing style starts (and have no intention of either) so I'm not much help in this area I'm affraid.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
set your rear shocks (if they are adjustable) to a higher setting

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
If they are Koni's then they are only adjustable for rebound and not compression so in theory you want the fronts on full hard as it will stop the front rising but full soft at the back so any height loss is quickly restored.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts