SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my God car has just been in for sid message of tracion control failure and the part is £997 gbp plus 4 hrs labour at £80 per hour, i feel sooooooooooooooo sick ! is this a common fault ????

simon

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry

I don't know if it common in The SAAB, but my '03 Toyota's Traction control module went out at 98K miles and it cost about $1100 dollars (US) to repair. Thank the warranty Gods that my extended warranty went to 100K miles.
maybe they have the same supplier for the module??
Good luck.
BWB

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
sie1uk said:
Oh my God car has just been in for sid message of tracion control failure and the part is £997 gbp plus 4 hrs labour at £80 per hour, i feel sooooooooooooooo sick ! is this a common fault ????

simon
First time the TCF came up or is this a permanent / regular light.
Some weather conditions can cause TCF to flag (like lots of snow).

·
Registered
59 Posts
SMHarman said:
First time the TCF came up or is this a permanent / regular light.
Some weather conditions can cause TCF to flag (like lots of snow).
yea, last year I didn't change winter tire, try to climb a bumper, the wheel just keep rolling 30 seconds, then traction control message showed up. :p but after that light up, I passed the bumper very easily.

dealer looked after, said it's fine, and tell me turn off the esp next time, if doing same thing.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
sie1uk said:

simon
Blimey what part do you need....that sounds expensive !!! I expect that labour rate is the dealer.... I was quoted £90 + Vat per hour at my dealer..after I stopped laughing I found time to do the work I needed myself!!! You will get a more realistic labour rate using an independent.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I believe it is one of the more common faults reported. In most instances in the US it happens under warranty and one can only hope it is an easy fix. The majority of issues tend to be related to a faulty spped sensor or yaw sensor which causes the failure message to pop up. Most times it is intermittent or happens only once and upon restart it goes away. A consistent warning message should be looked at. For that kind of money it appears they are replacing much more than a sensor. I would get a second opinion unless you really trust this dealership. What part is it that costs this much? I would get a second opinion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is the Traction Control Module that is required, not sure where it is on the car, however they have quoted me 4 hrs labour so it must be well hidden !

I have the 2.2 tid engine and i know people complain about this car but for 125bhp it realy does go well and gives me av of 43mpg which for spirited town driving is brill, the only complaint i have about the engine is that the Turbo seems to come on with a bit of a sudden surge, way more than other turbos i have driven and a bit strange feeling, does this sound right ? or could it have been tuned in any way, i think it has the vp44 pump but again not sure where the pump is so cant tell.

cheers
simon

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
sie1uk said:
It is the Traction Control Module that is required, not sure where it is on the car, however they have quoted me 4 hrs labour so it must be well hidden !
And is it permanently saying Traction Control Failiure, contact dealer' or intermittently?

·
Registered
381 Posts
If it is the Traction control Module, it looks easy to change.

Looking in the bonnet from the front, look at the right hand side near the top of the Shock Absorber.

You can see the TCS brake hydraulic lump with pipes going into it.

The TCS module is bolted to the side of it. It seriously seems an easy fit. It will need to be Tech2'd to the car afterwards though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts