SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I did search for this because I am sure someone wrote about a similar situation, but I can't find it. Apologies for the duplication.

Here's what happened: car has new tires, now has Stage 2 BCB, and I had it in for an alignment today at the indy. Left the indy, and from a stop in Sport mode accelerated pretty hard up to about 50 or maybe 60 on dry pavement. Suddenly, the traction control warning turns on and the car slows down (seems like traction control kicked it). I cycled the ESP button and turned off Sport mode, and everything went back to normal. At the next stop, I engaged Sport mode again and accelerated not quite so hard, and no problem; in fact, it didn't happen again on the remainder of the trip (which was relatively short city driving). I am sure the pavement was dry - it was a hot day and I was driving in a straight line.

Any ideas? The indy's one of the best around and I can't imagine an alignment would have caused a problem with a speed sensor or something related. But it is a weird coincidence.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The way uthan is describing it, it sounds like he was already up to speed when the ESP retarded the engine power a bit when it wasn't needed, not because of wheel spin.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well he did say he had a BCB Stage 2 tune. With my BCB Stage 3, I can get wheel spin at 50mph. Dunno about stage 2 though.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I didn't notice any wheel spin, but I suppose it's possible. New tires take a few miles to get broken in too, right? These only have about 50 miles on them - maybe they're still smoothish.

I don't know if I can get wheelspin at 50. I don't even get wheelspin at 0 to be honest. Something about the two car seats in the back (even if they are empty) seems to make me go easy on the gas.

I so rarely see the traction control kick in that I guess it was a surprise. I'll see if I can recreate it.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just guessing, I don't know what would cause it to do it randomly at 50mph though, pretty strange.
I know, right? I am sure there was a similar situation I read about on the forum a while back but couldn't find it. Maybe there was just something funny about one of the speed sensors that repaired itself. Let's hope!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts