SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been to a workshop and got my tracking done, as it has been pulling to the left for a while. the guy said that the left side was out a bit (right side was spot on), but it still pulls to the left

i know that i should really get the full alignment done, seeing as its been lowered for a while, but i wanted to get the tracking done ahead of my looooooong drive down to london for the holidays

does anone think the alignment would make such a difference to the car pulling to the left, or have i got a different problem?

G

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
When you lowered the car you probably added negative camber - with more negative camber it'll be more sensitive to the crown in the road - as you guys drive on the wrong (left) side of the road your car may just be following the crown of the road a bit - even with the tracking spot on.My late, great scirocco, when decambered (2.25 degrees) for running autocross, was terrible on a crowned road - always pulled to the right - the greater the crown the more it followed it.

·
Registered
13,273 Posts
Pulling is more commonly caused by tires than alignment.
Swap your front tires, left to right to test.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The 1988S I had would pull to the right all the time because of a very slow air leak in that tire. Like the previous poster said maybe rotate the tires or reseat them and keep an eye on the air pressure.

Steve

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ensured that the tyres were equally inflated prior to the long drive down to london..... made diddley squat difference

my other paranoia is partially seized brakes (had this on the old T8 and fuel went through the roof)..... on the way down i pulled into the services without usinng the brakes, and there was no increased heat in any of the discs, so its not pulling due to a caliper rubbing

G

·
Registered
13,273 Posts
drg23 said:
ensured that the tyres were equally inflated prior to the long drive down to london..... made diddley squat difference
I didn't say anything about inflation, swap the tires.

·
Registered
13,273 Posts
Matthew said:
I'd like to know exactly why tyres can cause the car to pull to one side.
The belts aren't always stable, they can take a "set" and have greater rolling resistance. Sometimes you can cure them by swapping sides.
Tires can make the car pull the way a broken heel on your shoe can make you walk funny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts