SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new set of four Schrader 20159 TPMS sensors along with new tires on my 2011 last week. All four initialized right away, but about 10 miles later a TPMS fault showed up. I scanned the car with Tech II, and the left rear sensor was reporting 0 psi so that was the culprit. I did a TPMS reinitialize with Tech II and again, right away three sensors reported correct pressure and one sensor reported 0. During a drive the next day, the sensor started working again and the TPMS lamp extinguished. I have already sourced a new replacement, however I wanted to see if there was a record of the fault in history and nothing shows up with Tech II scan. My Autel MS906BT does pick up 2 history codes for TPMS however. That makes me wonder if I just don't know where to look since it seems strange that a factory tool would have less information than an aftermarket tool.

Is there a screen in Tech II that will show history BCM codes? It seems strange that this function would not be available, otherwise a technician would be at a big disadvantage attempting to repair a system with an intermittent fault. Hoping a Tech II guru has the answer to this. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Following up on this, I was not able to get a history code for the individual sensor ID; just the generic code and only through my tool, Tech 2 shows no info for this at all. Strange that an aftermarket tool would have deeper fault information but that seems to be the case.

Anyway, I had the new sensor installed and the car did not recognize it for about 10 minutes/5 miles of driving. For some reason the left rear sensor takes a lot longer to detect than the other 3. I think my original diagnosis was incorrect, I only drove the vehicle about 100 yards then turned it over to my wife to drive home from the tire shop, when I drove it the TPMS was not illuminated but now I think the car had not run a test all the way through. Then my wife drove it home, about 8 miles, and during that time the TPMS came on and Tech 2 showed 0 psi on the left rear. The next day the TPMS lamp when out and all 4 sensors were working properly. She then drove for several days with no problem.

Then I installed the new replacement, and as I mentioned it took a lot more driving to detect than I thought would be the case however now the TPMS is working fine. So the moral of the story is, it probably can take miles of driving for the car to detect all new sensors, particularly the left rear sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts