SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to do the vacuum lines on my new Aero, they're looking pretty sad. Anyone have a list of what I need to buy? I also want to replace any couplings/tees etc while I'm at it. Placing an order for some other stuff tonight, any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you're going through the trouble of replacing the lines, avoid rubber...use silicone.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to have a decent schematic or diagram of the vacuum system in an electronic format, would you? I've got a couple of hoses that aren't connected to anything and would really like to know where they're supposed to go.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to, but I'd have to order it. To order it, I'd really like to have a list of sizes and lengths, so I have enough. Plus, it would be helpful to know what tees, etc will probably break on me. I'm trying to plan ahead.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
WEll, you will have to use A LOT of 3mm silicone tubing. THe next size up are only used on the BPC valve connections. THe next size up is used in coolant but none in the vacuum system. SO, mainly it is the 3mm silicone. Just go to like pepboys and get a kit, they have the, in our area. THe is like 10 feet of 3mm, 10 feet of next size and like 4 feet of next size. 10feet of 3mm is NEARLY not enough...

KLim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts