SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how bad is your torque steer? Does anyone notice under hard acceleration their car likes to jump to the sides a little? Mine does a fair amount more then any other car i`ve ever owned (one Audi, one VW, and my parents chryslers)

Is there a diff you can buy for this car?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Get the Steering Rack Clamp and Brace from MPPerformance or Genuine Saab it will clear that right up. It is the weak point of our car but those clamps and braces among some more things will help your suspension and get rid of the torque steer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
yep

biggy said:
thanks! so it is a common problem then!
yep its common , wheels lifting due to poor shocks springs roll bars can be mistaken for torque steer , i know a guy who had the abbott racing limited slip diff and it was amazing ......... car was far braver than i was . great bit of kit but very expensive .

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I have a Quaife in my Viggen and, believe me, there is still a lot of torque steer. One really has to hang on - no wheelspin, though, except in first and second, and it's BOTH wheels!!:eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
900SEed said:
Yeah a lot of front wheel drive cars suffer from this that have a decent amount of power.
haha, yeah i had a 300whp turbo mk3 golf, when i sold the car b4 i bought this one i let the kid drive the car, the car jumped a lane and accelerated hard that kid started laughing his *** off he was so suprised. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts