SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How significant is torque steer 'normal' highway driving conditions (40-80 range) ?

EDIT: How significant is torque steer after stage 3-4 tune in 'normal' highway driving conditions (40 to 80 range) ? Noticeable ?

Also, is it possible to give the steering wheel a more weighted 'feel' ?

·
Registered
522 Posts
little to none in my aero. maybe in 2nd gear sometimes i can feel a slight bit of torque steer but it's not huge and easily controllable.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My 2008 2.3T torque steers like nothing I've ever seen in my life. Did it before I did the BCB Stage 2 tune and with the tune it's considerably worse. That said, I know it's coming when I put my foot in it and adjust my steering wheel grip accordingly........

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
My 2008 2.3T torque steers like nothing I've ever seen in my life. Did it before I did the BCB Stage 2 tune and with the tune it's considerably worse. That said, I know it's coming when I put my foot in it and adjust my steering wheel grip accordingly........
My Aero torque steers like mad as well. I didn't notice it too much prior to the tune but post tune I find myself driving her harder just for the thrill. What can can tame torque steer besides a firm grip?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Uprating the suspension will help with torque steer.
As the car accelerates hard the rear squats, especially a powerful car on softish springs. The rear squats & front end lightens. This contibutes towards torque steer. Fitting firmer springs helps prevents this happening

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
As the suspension gets older and more loose AND more power/torque added some updates will be needed. There is more load on the suspension after a ecu tune than the car ever has seen.

At least new front tires. Then maybe a strut tower brace on the front end. Working on the rear end shoudn't be over looked. Stiffening the rear end will help the front end from unloading.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Uprating the suspension will help with torque steer.
As the car accelerates hard the rear squats, especially a powerful car on softish springs. The rear squats & front end lightens. This contibutes towards torque steer. Fitting firmer springs helps prevents this happening
good point.

I'm looking to upgrade the suspension now. Hoping to find something thats a little stiffer than the aero that can be driven every day.

thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Eibach springs & stock dampers, if they're ok.
If you have a 2000 Aero you can upgrade to 2002 onwards anti roll/sway bars.
This transforms the way the car handles, helps massivley with torque steer, not too firm. And not hugely expensive;ol;

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll checkout the Eibach setup.

I have a 2.3 lpt I use a daily driver and body roll is also something I'd like to eliminate with the upgrade.

thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts