SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend has a tuned MY2008 Aero 2.8T V6, 380hp/520Nm. The car is a menace on the road! :roll: No comparison to any tuned 2.0T.
However, he has noticed that when trying to achieve top speed the needle on the speedometer goes up to the final mark of 260Kph, stays there and does not advance despite the fact that the car continues to accelerate to higher speeds! The GPS might read e.g. 275Kph but the needle on the dial stays at 260! It does not move further up! Does anyone know as to why this happen? Is there any remedy to that?

On the contrary, another friend with a MY2000 9-3, 2.0T, 410hp/525Nm, does not have that problem. The needle goes well beyond the final mark when achieving speeds in the range of 285-290 Kph.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The GPS is a portable unit. It is not so convenient as the car's speedometer.
However, the question is not which one to use to read the speed but why the needle does not move further up. What's holding it back?

Martin, what do you mean by "the spec on the v6"?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
The GPS is a portable unit. It is not so convenient as the car's speedometer.
However, the question is not which one to use to read the speed but why the needle does not move further up. What's holding it back?

Martin, what do you mean by "the spec on the v6"?
what modifications have you done to get 380bhp ?

Hardware?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Do the Europe vehicles not have the 135mph limiter in place? That's 160mph you have there, just curious if someone figured out how to remove the limiter.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Most tuners remove the limiter. Standard procedure.
I have Vtuner as well and he had advised me when I got the tune that he did not have access to it at the time. I'll have to email him.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I have Vtuner as well and he had advised me when I got the tune that he did not have access to it at the time. I'll have to email him.
Early tunes on the V6 didn't have that part of the code broken yet for some reason.
I got the BSR tune in April '07 and I believe by late summer they had an update to remove, and/or choose, the limiter.

Vtuner has had it removed for some time now. I confirmed both brand tunes, with and without limiters:D They do in fact remove them.

Also why and where is your friend doing 160 mph? And why would he need pinpoint accuracy in speed?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Going off rpm and the idea all the 6sp trannys have the same gear ratios on the v6.

6000rpm in 6th was 180 mph.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts