SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY94 2.0 CSE LPT, book says top should be 131, I'm getting stuck (it brick walls it) at 109. Car is standard but just been fully serviced. Admittedly the air filter isn't perfect so I'd expect a few mph off or a few extra seconds extra in getting there, but surely something is wrong. The engine revs freely round to red in all other gears (it's an auto). Got air con, but surely to god it doesn't pull that much power away (if it does I'm ridding of the air con). I've tried brisk up to speed (faultless), and running slowly up to it (faultless), but to no avail, please help.

cheers
Dan.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
djtaylor said:
and the national speed limit is...? ;)
fare point :nono; but the trouth is your car is 10 years old, there could be umteen things stopping it pulling 130 (apart from the speed limit) fuel filter partially blocked, injectors need cleaning, cylinders compression down, turbo warn, you name it, it needs looking at, or, you could live with it ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not that daft - speeds are done on private land - no winking here, I do value my licence.

Fuel filter is brand new and hasn't made a difference, I'm running injector and petrol treatment through it now so I'll see in a few days whether that's it, I'll compression test it probably this weekend.

3rd gear - no it's an auto - changes to 4th at 102mph so there's loads of rpm left there - it gets stuck at about 4050.

cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just thinking out loud here....saw this once before on a manual it would not rev above 4500rpm in fourth, on this car the boost was set too high, after it had been turned down a notch it gained another 500rpm...not sure if it was turned down more after this though, as I said just thinking out loud!

Steve

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, with the injector treatment through, it hit 112 with relative ease compared to the 109 (ran out of road but feels like would have got to 115).

I'm getting a boost gauge soon, so can check your theory, but it feels right otherwise so I'm not convinced boost's set too high
I'm well known for thinking out loud too, I had been thinking: parallel T25s (could get away with TD04 on 2.3) each off 2 cylindars - I don't like the existing manifold as pipes aren't anywhere near equal length - but with one big compressor housing in middle. I think with 2 turbines there would be little lag, but with one compressor there's availability for a lot of air flow. The only difficuly I can see is getting the air into the compressor - need orifis moving from end to be similar to output orifis place. I think I think too much. ;)

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
2 things here, the exhaust tube length is un important with forsed induction as it is the tuned pipe length on a n/a engine that helps pull the air/fuel into the cylinders, this is not necessary with a turbo, secondly it has been discused before about fitting twin turbos, 2 cyl's driving each turbo and has been dicided that 2 cyls will not spin the turbo fast enough to work, so if you do manage this it would be really interesting to here whether it does infact work :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
im having trouble as well with top end speed on private land :confused: soon as it gets to 115mph it changes gear and goes even faster to 150mph its such a pain you get to destination to quick so can not enjoy the ride as much what should we do :cheesy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts