SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just purchased a 1999 93 SE convertible, I love it. (blue with a blue top.) Here is the thing... I've been giving a lot of girls rides when the weather is nice but there is always the same complaint. It's the hair, it flows forward instead of backwards. There must be some way to make long hair flow backwards in the convertible, whether its fooling around with the window settings or some other way. For now, I just keep a couple hair bands in the glove compartment because there is no way im keeping the top up on a nice day because of hair problems.:cool:
Also, I recently saw the movie spanglish on a plane flight and in a section of the movie one of the characters is driving an Audi convertible and switches the window settings in a certain way to make the girls hair flow backwards. Is this possible? anyone girls here know the window settings? any replies would be helpful.:p

·
Registered
1,996 Posts

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Yeah "Spanglish", explains the 'technique'...although it seems to me to just be Hollywood magic. ;) Try it though with a willing guniea pig and let us know!

Blue w/blue top? Nice. Rare animal around here. Any pics?

The Windscreen still won't make the hair fly back. Cuts the wind down to nothing.
I think the only real way is to remove the windshield. :cheesy:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Alfred7000 said:
I recently just purchased a 1999 93 SE convertible, I love it. (blue with a blue top.) Here is the thing... I've been giving a lot of girls rides when the weather is nice but there is always the same complaint. It's the hair, it flows forward instead of backwards. There must be some way to make long hair flow backwards in the convertible, whether its fooling around with the window settings or some other way. For now, I just keep a couple hair bands in the glove compartment because there is no way im keeping the top up on a nice day because of hair problems.:cool:
Now, this is what I call a worry-free life: Once one's life troubles manifest themselves in terms of one's concerns about the girls' hair flow in one's SAAB, then one has arrived at the good life:cheesy:.

Ta-ta, janusz

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Alfred7000 said:
Here is the thing... I've been giving a lot of girls rides when the weather is nice but there is always the same complaint. It's the hair, it flows forward instead of backwards. There must be some way to make long hair flow backwards in the convertible, whether its fooling around with the window settings or some other way.
Solution: date Sinead O'Connor

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
CORRECTION:

Told me wife about this thread. Apparently with the windscreen accessory and the windows up only slightly she gets the "hair blowing back" effect.

PS...she LOVES that windscreen. Thinks it's the best thing you can get for a vert now. For the first time since we've owned Saab convertibles, she goes to work in the morning with the top down!
:cheesy:
The price though. :eek: $500 reduced to $400 from Saabcatalog.com. For a screen mesh and plastic bars?!?! Glad I paid ONLY $250 off Ebay.
Tell you what, though. If you want one you should get one soon. Something tells me (since they have been discounted) that Saab is getting rid of them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Top Down

The ONLY reason for the convert. is for the girlz playah. Invest in the windscreen. Then place it in the trunk when you both need the back seat. :cheesy:

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Rob in Atlanta said:
Solution: date Sinead O'Connor

I'd rather not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also, I recently saw the movie spanglish on a plane flight and in a section of the movie one of the characters is driving an Audi convertible and switches the window settings in a certain way to make the girls hair flow backwards. Is this possible? anyone girls here know the window settings? any replies would be helpful.:p
I'm no lady, but for a while, I did wear my hair long. But given that was a movie set, it could have been a wind machine. But on times I would ride passenger, if I would slightly turn my head outwards, my hair would fly straight back. As for drivers, I don't know. Does tweaking the windows work? I know the windows have some effect, but I'm not sure what. Little hard for me to test it out because I don't have a convertible car, and somehow I have a feeling if I convince my family member to borrow hers, she may disapprove.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts