SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wel i finaly broke down and took my smokey 99 9-5 to the shop today to have it looked at. It appears i need a new pcv hose (gets it in today), a new valve cover gasket (i ordered both inner and outer, here friday) and i have to take it back to be checked next wednesday because the mechanic suspects the boost solenoid, but cant tell me for sure til he drives it, next wednesday. (price $360).

Basically its using a quart of oil a day, everytime i accelerate hard and in 3rd 4th and 5th it smokes when changing gears, then at high speeds (40mph+) it judders a lil and lets out a massive amount of blue smoke until i shift down, rev up and shift back up a gear. All these parts i will replace myself as they seem simple enough. At least i will save on the 20cents it would cost to install the boost solenoid, and the 20cents it would prolly cost to install the pcv hose. so out of an estimated $500 parts and labor, i save at least 40cents doing it myself, lol. I may do a write-up with pics for the who thing if anyones interested.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
orinoco said:
may do a write-up with pics for the who thing if anyones interested.
Cool, its always great to share this stuff with fellow 9-5 ers ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts