SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my car in for warantee work because everytime my car gets a shower the A/C happens to brake. go figure. i take it in to also have the tranny checked out because sometime when i drive the tranny will slip gears as it wishes. hah. so i get a call now from saab after i drop off the car at 9am. at 4.30 they let me know we found the problem! but we havent fixed it yet. i was like you had the car for so long and you havent fixed it? hard to belive. so they are going to keep it over night and will call my extended warantee tomorrow to see if they are going to pay it hopefully they do.

as for the tranny they said that there is no problem with it at all. i was like WTF i told them to recheck it and do more diagnostic work to it and they will. hopefully everything turns out welll and the warantee pays for it.

anyone else has this same problem??

·
Registered
353 Posts
not with that problem *knocks on wood* but am anxious to hear about your aftermarket warranty success. I purchased one with my car and haven't used it yet *knocks on wood again* and have wondered it it's worth saving the money I'm spending on it or if it's worth having...

Good luck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. ill let you know what goes on. but its no biggy. for now i get to drive my moms GS300 woohoo

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Is your tranny problem where it revs up when going from 2nd to 3rd gear before slamming into third after driving on the highway for a bit? If so, this is normal and is flaw in the design of te tranny. Some say it is a software issue, but I've had it reprogrammed twice and it still does it. It's nothing to worry about, but is rather annoying.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Diggs said:
Is your tranny problem where it revs up when going from 2nd to 3rd gear before slamming into third after driving on the highway for a bit? If so, this is normal and is flaw in the design of te tranny. Some say it is a software issue, but I've had it reprogrammed twice and it still does it. It's nothing to worry about, but is rather annoying.
So you're saying there's no real fix to this? I was experienceing this just a bit so I flushed the tranny fluid at 58K mis, it helped for sure but I do still notice this only very rarely. I was atributing it to some type of sftwr issue as it moves thru the gears well otherwise. It's a shame, I love this car so much but there are those little issues that are just enough to bug...so close, yet far away...

If someone knows if there is a definite fix for this, please advise.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Diggs said:
my tranny doesnt do that. it mainly does it when i make a u-turn once i come out of a u-turn from 1st to 2nd i see the rpm's fly up and then the car catches gear. i get so pissed i feel crashing the car and claiming insurance. it also does it when i make regular turns but i havent experience the off the highway one yet. thanks God

·
Registered
803 Posts
Saab-Ed said:
So you're saying there's no real fix to this? I was experienceing this just a bit so I flushed the tranny fluid at 58K mis, it helped for sure but I do still notice this only very rarely. I was atributing it to some type of sftwr issue as it moves thru the gears well otherwise. It's a shame, I love this car so much but there are those little issues that are just enough to bug...so close, yet far away...

There is a definite fix. Replace the transmission valve body.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Saab-Ed said:

Did you use the proper 3309? fluid?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
update on this deal. they call me from the dealer to tell me the extended warantee doesnt cover it because before i called the warantee to tell them i had to take the car in to service because my air wasnt blowing as cold as i wanted. all the dealer did was put freeon and it was fixed now they say because of that that they cant cover it and a whole bunch of bull****. so i am going to call the state something i forgot what it was claled so the warantee has to cover all my problems weather they like it or not.

the extended warantee also wants to send one of thier guys to inspect my car before going through with this. i think that extended warantee is a crock of ****. i rather buy the parts myself and fix it DIY. itl be cheaper than to pay for EW

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dont get it. the extended warr. wont cover it because you are suppose to call them before you take it in? I have the extended warr. also, it will go into effect in a year and a half. My warr. says i can go to any repair facility. doesnt have to go to saab. Is this crap..did I buy bogus insurance??

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
me, i decided to take it to saab becaus i think they know best. very friendly and very proffesional. the only reason my POS (piece of ****) warantee isnt covering it is because when i bought my car i took it back the next day to get the air recharged because it wasnt as cold as i wanted and i let me warantee know that and they said it was fine no problem now i take it in and they tell me that because they had to recharge my system that they are not going to cover ****. i ripped the warantee guy a new *** and now i have to go get a letter and a whole bunch of crap before i can get it fixed through them because personally i dont have 750 dollars to wip out of my *** to pay for the a/c. i hate that warantee crap. gonna report them to BBB see what happends next.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts